Saturday, July 21, 2012

30 Things #8: 5 Passions

(This picture has nothing to do with this post... I just needed a picture to try to get you to read this...)

#8 What are five passions you have and why?

pas·sion
[ pásh'n ] (noun) intense enthusiasm: a strong liking or enthusiasm for a subject or activity

  1. Creating
  2. Spending time with friends
  3. Supporting my family
  4. Learning to relax... and be imperfect
  5. Being accepting of myself and others
Yes... I looked up the word. I needed some inspiration. I feel like teaching should be somewhere in that top five... but teaching isn't my LIFE so I think it's okay that I have other priorities.

I have completed 9 of the 10 courses required for my Master's Degree. I will be finished October 14th. 16 months. Boy was it and is it a ride.

I have spent 3 or 4 hours a day, three days a week at school moving into my new classroom and setting it up. I laugh every time someone comes in because I set up the new classroom EXACTLY like my old room minus the padded time out room that had taken away two sets of closets. Otherwise I pretty much put everything in the exact same spot down to the magnets on the chalkboard. I have one bulletin board and a random array of things spread out across the back row of desks to find homes for, as well as a large stack of outdated materials that need to be donated on the back table. Then I will be finished. HOORAY!

I also hope to move the health and science teacher editions from the metal rolling cabinet to one of the closets... As the only special education resource teacher in the school I house a set of ALL of the teacher's editions for ALL of the subject areas for ALL of the grade levels. It currently takes up several closets.

My goal is to wrap things up and share pics of my classroom with you guys :). I sorta love my classroom set up since arriving at this new school.

Alright, off to bed now. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the love! :)

Popular Posts