Friday, October 23, 2009
This has some pink in it! I was inspired to make it after I saw the one Maria created over at Tater-Tot Spot .
1. Take board and cut it into desired sizes with a jigsaw
2. Trace blocks onto scrapbook paper and cut out (I chose colors that coordinated with my living room)
3. Modpodge papers on blocks
4. Sand edges of paper with fine sanding block
5. Paint blocks desired color and use the edge of a brush or your sponge brush to paint just on the edges of the paper so that it fades in
6. Make letters (if you are lucky enough to have a Cricut- then GO YOU!, I on the other hand had to make my letters with a paint pen, though Sharpie would work too)
7. Decide on quote you want and add the words to the edges of the blocks
8. Add embellishments
9. If your jigsaw cuts angled lines so that your blocks can't stand then go to Walmart and buy some of the dohickeys from the hardware aisle where you can just attach them to the back of the blocks and hang them on the wall
Oh, and I laid wax paper down on my table to protect the surface and so the paint wouldn't stick :).
There's a quote written on the chalkboard in my hallway: "We tend to seek happiness, when happiness is actually a choice." ...
ENTER CODE "BLACKFRIDAY15" IN THE SHOP TO GET 15% OFF YOUR PURCHASE! A Place in This World Good now through Saturday at noon!
Sorry guys! I can't figure out how to edit my other video clip to just show the crazy dog butting in! Oh well, love to ya's any...
The school year started... I am the only special education resource teacher in the entire building... That makes my caseload 32... It's ...
I own four pets. FOUR. When I first moved out on my own I had a dog, two cats, a turtle, and a hamster. It was INSANE. Of the current F...
Source: walmart.com via Amy on Pinterest I found this new hair color at Walmart for around $9 and decided to give it a shot. I...
I'm baaaack! After being in a funk I decided to redo the blog to match my shop name. It's more meaningful to me than the title Ob...
Hey ya'll. I'm advertising this month with Maria @ Agape Love Designs! I'm a little late on this because live has been CRA...
I've thought about this for a while, but just this week I haven't been able to get the idea out of my mind. I am a daughter of an a...
Alright, so this summer I bought an aquarium from my brother for my pet turtle. He says it's 100 gallons, I'm not sure if it'...