Friday, October 23, 2009
This has some pink in it! I was inspired to make it after I saw the one Maria created over at Tater-Tot Spot .
1. Take board and cut it into desired sizes with a jigsaw
2. Trace blocks onto scrapbook paper and cut out (I chose colors that coordinated with my living room)
3. Modpodge papers on blocks
4. Sand edges of paper with fine sanding block
5. Paint blocks desired color and use the edge of a brush or your sponge brush to paint just on the edges of the paper so that it fades in
6. Make letters (if you are lucky enough to have a Cricut- then GO YOU!, I on the other hand had to make my letters with a paint pen, though Sharpie would work too)
7. Decide on quote you want and add the words to the edges of the blocks
8. Add embellishments
9. If your jigsaw cuts angled lines so that your blocks can't stand then go to Walmart and buy some of the dohickeys from the hardware aisle where you can just attach them to the back of the blocks and hang them on the wall
Oh, and I laid wax paper down on my table to protect the surface and so the paint wouldn't stick :).
There's a quote written on the chalkboard in my hallway: "We tend to seek happiness, when happiness is actually a choice." ...
Alright, so this summer I bought an aquarium from my brother for my pet turtle. He says it's 100 gallons, I'm not sure if it'...
I LOVE shoes... they are beautiful and fun and the finishing touch to any outfit. I, however, wear a size 11. I'm also a plus sized gi...
The school year started... I am the only special education resource teacher in the entire building... That makes my caseload 32... It's ...
Okay... I don't have kids, so let's take a moment to ooh and ahh over my furry children in all of their holiday wear cuteness! Th...
I love you silly ol' bear :)
Alright, I took the easy way out for Pink Saturday because I'm sick with a fever of 101.4. Here are some fun pink finds from Target.co...
Sorry guys! I can't figure out how to edit my other video clip to just show the crazy dog butting in! Oh well, love to ya's any...
Source: walmart.com via Amy on Pinterest I found this new hair color at Walmart for around $9 and decided to give it a shot. I...
I was taking pictures of the dog... this sequence cracks me up: Figure 1: Sleeping puppy getting awakened by crazy mama with camera. Figur...