Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Lost Post about Gift Exchange December 2012

Hello!  So, I keep participating in this Handmade Gift Exchange hosted by Linda @ Craftaholics Anonymous.  She hosts twice a year- July and December.  Apparently, the pictures I uploaded from December never made it up on the blog... or if they did they have gone MIA.

I wanted to share them with you now as I am soon going to be posting the pics of the current exchange as well!

My lovely partner in the exchange told me that she loved to cook, travel, read, and go to concerts, as well as the color green so I created the some gifts that I thought would cater perfectly to those things:

Bottle Necklace: inside the bottle is a map of where she is from cut from an atlas, the key says "journey".  On the top of the box it says "So that no matter where your journeys take you, you'll always be home."

Satin flower hair clip




I found this box at JoAnn's!  It was just the plain brown paper mache, but I painted it and distressed the edge to look like pages.  The ticket on the front was supposed to be "Life is a beautiful journey" in French because she said she wanted to travel to France one day.  I roughly translated journey though, but it comes across about the same!


Not pictured for some reason lol, is an apron I made for her where I hand painted one of her favorite phrases which mentioned something about taste and a letter for her first name.  I also used a vintage gold toned fork and bent it into a recipe card holder :).

More pictures of the most recent exchange to come soon!  Hope you can join up next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the love! :)

Popular Posts