Saturday, July 13, 2013

So you're single... and ya gotta eat...

Hard to believe I'm a teacher if you follow my blog because this girl has failed at blogging and documenting adventures this summer!  Why?  Well, simply put I'm not happy with changes that are being made in the world around me and I've spent this summer trying to find myself and my new happy again.  And with 13 days left until back to school... I have a to do list a mile long.

ANYWAY!

So... you're single?  Me too.  Like... epically.  So... I also HATE doing dishes... and considered a dishwasher... they are EXPENSIVE and I have beautiful handmade wood cabinets that would have to be hacked up... SO.  Here we are at my current point.  If you go to the grocery store for a single person it is really uber easy to just live off of frozen pizzas and tv dinners.  But honestly, tv dinners suck.  Like... is that really real meat?  Because it takes like really gross lol.

Here are some of my current faves and saves from this summer that any single girl or guy needs to try:

I am SUPER picky about my meats.  These are AMAZING.  You microwave them for like 3 minutes and they are to die for and perfectly seasoned.  There are times where an edge is hard from being overcooked, but it is really juicy and tender.  And low calorie!


This is also available in brown rice... I love both.  It has two servings in the little bag... you use the microwave again obviously.  I eat one serving and then roll up the top of the bag, put on a clip, and refrigerate for the next day.  I sometimes put a dash of chicken bouillon powder in for flavoring... probably only half a teaspoon for the entire bag.


Now for this one both Birds Eye and Green Giant have some single serve steamed veggies.  Green Giant have a butter sauce and come in little plastic trays.  Birds Eye comes in mini single serve bags and have no seasoning.  I prefer Birds Eye at this point because there is more variety- I love the peas and corn!

I discovered that a single chicken breast, a single serve peas, and 1/2 a bag of the rice makes a meal around 320 calories... HELLO!  And it tastes great. :)

P.S.  The chicken was under $7 at Kroger.  The other two are cheap too... somewhere around the $2 range.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the love! :)

Popular Posts