Saturday, July 30, 2011

Chiffon Flower Headband

Okay... so for some reason... I make this face when I'm thinking about the outfit I have on or anything else related to a pic and I had to share it...


Now!!! Here's the new headband I made today!

I'm loving it and thinking these babies need to hit the shop soon!

I suck at taking pictures during the process... so here's what I did:
  1. Buy a foot of chiffon from Joann's
  2. Cut an inch wide strip from the longest part of the fabric
  3. Measure out the strip and cut it into three equal length strips
  4. By hand I sewed a regular umm... long stitch? running stitch? who knows... it's just what you do when you want to get a ruffle...
  5. Gather the fabric as you go, then knot off one end when you are at the end and have gathered it as much as you want
  6. Cut out a felt circle about the size of a half dollar and bust out the hot glue gun
  7. Starting at the end glue the ruffle down, work in a spiral towards the center... if your center looks wonky just add an extra dot of glue and smoosh the flower in your hands... it makes it look better believe it or not!
  8. After you make three... glue them on a metal headband and then cut out three more felt circles the same size as previously and glue those over the back to secure them even more.
  9. Now you can rock out your awesome headband... or just wait a few days and check out my shop on the right to buy one. :)
I'm linking up!!!
Featured At Serenity Now

2 comments:

  1. These are SO pretty! Thanks for the instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the headband. Thank you for the tutorial. I would love for you to stop by DIY Home Sweet Home today and link up your headband and any other projects you would like to share. Happy Monday!!

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the love! :)

Popular Posts