Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Burlap Tray

Alright, I've been redoing (or actually taking the time to DO) my bedroom. I decided I needed a tray for my dresser to sit all of my trinket boxes on and had no luck finding a picture frame that fit my idea. Then it struck me...

These are two wood "screens" (they look like shutters to me) that I picked up at the local flea market for $1.99 each last year. I had planned on just putting them up on the wall as is because I love everything about them, but that never happened and they just sat around neglected.


I suddenly decided one of said screens would make a great tray! So... I whipped out my leftover burlap from my magnet boards and cut myself 8 strips about 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide each that were as long as the screen. Then I wove them through like so, alternating every other row. After I had woven all of the strips through I just used my trusty hot glue gun to secure the ends to the top and bottom of the screen after I pulled them tight.

Finish project:


Beautiful tray to hold my little treasures!


I love it! I want to do it to the other one too, but I'm thinking maybe ribbon and lace? We'll see!

I'm linking up to
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!


Go check everybody out!

LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the love! :)

Popular Posts