Saturday, July 24, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up Party w/ Tatertots and Jello

Remember the metal tiered thing I referred to? Well, here's the wrinkling I was talking about...

(I failed to take a before picture... let's just say the thing was the old tarnished gold with rust spots! But a $4 deal at my local flea market.)


(This is the part where I got mad and sanded it off for the second time!)

Now... the transformation...

Added a ribbon and an old skeleton key to the top...


Stickers from a scrapbook pad and then covered over with a few coats of Mod Podge...

(I chose the word 'beloved' for the top because that's what Amy means :) )

Okay, so I LOVE words that mean something... so I just started putting them wherever there was missing paint or bubbles/wrinkles...

(I couldn't get the stickers perfectly flat since they were on a curved surface, but I feel like the wrinkling gives character- more so than the wrinkled paint!)

Side 1:

Side 2:

Side 3:

Side 4:

This is my finished project in all it's glory! I'm going to use it to hold my jewelry :)! I'm super happy with the end result, especially considering how frustrated I was with the spray paint!


Go check out everyone else!
Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up     party!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the idea for using it to hold jewelry!! I saw you over on Tatertots & Jello Weekend Wrap-Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing the love! :)

Popular Posts