Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 4 of 30: Views on Religion



I'm BACK! FINALLY!

This is Day 18 of being sick. I have suffered high fevers, sev

ere migraines, pain all over, vomiting, nausea, dehydration, elevated liver levels, pain and tenderness in my abdomen, the inability for anything to touch, squeeze, or put any pressure on my enter torso, severe sore throat and ear pain, and other issues I will not divulge.

Three doctor visits, one immediate care visit, one ER visit, a HIDA scan, three rounds of bloodwork, four IVs, ultrasounds, and endless medications.

On Day 18 we have finally decided it is my GALL BLADDER. It has a serious reduction in functioning and that baby has GOT TO GO! I'm thrilled because I can't wait to feel normal again!

So... anyway, back to my bloggin'. I'm still trying to attack this 30 day challenge thing.

Today's topic is religion.
(artwork created by me)

I consider myself to be a Christian. I have been saved and accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior and try to do everything I can to live a life of faith and positive actions. Just like every other human being I falter and make mistakes, but I get back up and learn from the past and work to improve my future.


I believe in God and that there has to be some higher power. I don't think we are just here living lives and then it's over. I believe in Heaven. I believe that animals have souls and that when I get to Heaven I will be joined by all of the four legged babies I have loved my entire life and missed so much. God will basically have me set up in my own animal heaven considering the number of pets I have had. I believe that those loved ones who have passed on will be there to greet me and that there is more after this life.




I have faced other people who proclaim themselves Christians and other demonimations, who do not live a life I would consider Christian-like but because they go to church they seem to believe they have a free pass.





I do not regularly attend church. The church I attended as a child was with my best friend, but it wasn't MY church. I attended a youth group at a distant church in middle school that eventually filed bankruptcy, but which I parted ways from due to a difference in key beliefs. There is a pastor that is amazing whom leads a church I attended with my goddaughter, but at this moment I have not been able to overcome the pain of losing contact with her or the lies that were spread about me to attend that church. I do not believe that God is going to look down on me because I do not attend church regularly. I live a life that follows my beliefs and I hope portrays my Christianity.

I struggle when dating and meeting guys because they think sex is a casual thing that one just does on a whim and that's not something I believe in. I believed for a very long time that sex should wait until marriage, I still prefer that belief, but more than anything I think it really needs to wait for that one person you love with everything and want to spend your entire life beside and loving completely. Sometimes marriages fail, it happens.

I do not believe in using drugs or drinking alcohol, but these are more due to personal issues than my religious beliefs.


Basically, I believe that God has put us all here for a reason and that we need to strive to be the best people we can be- loving one another, serving and helping others, and doing everything we can to share kindness, love, faith, and hope with the world. We are not here to hurt or judge others, we are all here to grow and learn and love together.

(artwork created by me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing the love! :)

Popular Posts