Thursday, November 26, 2009
Things I'm Thankful for- In Random Order
Going with my friend Sarah's post over at Love, Love, Love- here are some things I'm thankful for:
1. Sarah herself, even though we only spoke like once a year through middle school, high school, and college- I would always refer to her as "my best friend Sarah". (She doesn't know this til now that it's in this post :P.) There was something about the bond we had as friends from her birth on that I knew would never be broken. She introduced me to blogging, google reader, craft blogs, and flea markets. And she is exactly what you need for any occasion!
2. My aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and second cousins. I have an amazing family who comes together for anything you need and are always there on birthdays, holidays, and when you need help with your house, car, yard, or mental stability. They are so funny and I LOVE them.
3. Miss Mindy- my fellow teacher who has spent this year home with her new baby boy. She got me scrapbooking, let me paint her walls, got me to eat spinach, always has a positive thing to say, is the voice of reason, has a cat that I LOVE, and is just a kind spirit who I am thankful to know.
4. My critters- Reggie, Tink, Buddy, Charlie, Squirt, and Poppy. They keep my life interesting.
5. My super wonderful assistant and friend Tara. Without her I would not have survived the last two years of my job. She is awesome and knows just what to say and do to help out.
6. My half time super wonderful assistant Robin. She is so sweet and I love talking to her and hearing her kind voice and words. She always makes me smile.
7. My core of coworkers/friends who always have my back and always have faith in me. They always know what to say, how to help, and what to do to guide me. Without them I wouldn't be the teacher or the person that I am today.
8. My job. It has provided me with friends, pets, my first home, my car, food, clothes, crafting, computer, and on and on and on. My job means so much to me.
9. My friend and coworker Christi and her family. I LOVE her four girls, all who attend or did attend the school where I teach. Christi is awesome and we have so much in common and just crack up together. She's also invited me to tag along with them to the Christmas tree lighting on the circle downtown tomorrow! I'm SOOOO EXCITED!
10. Hope- that next year will be better and I will find the things that are missing from my life, or at least the peace to accept my life as it is and be happy without those things.
What are you thankful for?
ENTER CODE "BLACKFRIDAY15" IN THE SHOP TO GET 15% OFF YOUR PURCHASE! A Place in This World Good now through Saturday at noon!
There's a quote written on the chalkboard in my hallway: "We tend to seek happiness, when happiness is actually a choice." ...
Sorry guys! I can't figure out how to edit my other video clip to just show the crazy dog butting in! Oh well, love to ya's any...
The school year started... I am the only special education resource teacher in the entire building... That makes my caseload 32... It's ...
So... this gets pretty deep and I actually let it sit in the drafts for the last week debating about whether or not to post it. I know a lo...
I own four pets. FOUR. When I first moved out on my own I had a dog, two cats, a turtle, and a hamster. It was INSANE. Of the current F...
Wow.... I haven't posted in forever. It seems like social media has become overwhelming and has taken over and overpowered the blog wor...
Hey ya'll. I'm advertising this month with Maria @ Agape Love Designs! I'm a little late on this because live has been CRA...
I'm baaaack! After being in a funk I decided to redo the blog to match my shop name. It's more meaningful to me than the title Ob...
My computer area.... those three letters are the wall are from my friend who was my Secret Santa one year at our previous school. All ...