Thursday, November 26, 2009
Going with my friend Sarah's post over at Love, Love, Love- here are some things I'm thankful for:
1. Sarah herself, even though we only spoke like once a year through middle school, high school, and college- I would always refer to her as "my best friend Sarah". (She doesn't know this til now that it's in this post :P.) There was something about the bond we had as friends from her birth on that I knew would never be broken. She introduced me to blogging, google reader, craft blogs, and flea markets. And she is exactly what you need for any occasion!
2. My aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and second cousins. I have an amazing family who comes together for anything you need and are always there on birthdays, holidays, and when you need help with your house, car, yard, or mental stability. They are so funny and I LOVE them.
3. Miss Mindy- my fellow teacher who has spent this year home with her new baby boy. She got me scrapbooking, let me paint her walls, got me to eat spinach, always has a positive thing to say, is the voice of reason, has a cat that I LOVE, and is just a kind spirit who I am thankful to know.
4. My critters- Reggie, Tink, Buddy, Charlie, Squirt, and Poppy. They keep my life interesting.
5. My super wonderful assistant and friend Tara. Without her I would not have survived the last two years of my job. She is awesome and knows just what to say and do to help out.
6. My half time super wonderful assistant Robin. She is so sweet and I love talking to her and hearing her kind voice and words. She always makes me smile.
7. My core of coworkers/friends who always have my back and always have faith in me. They always know what to say, how to help, and what to do to guide me. Without them I wouldn't be the teacher or the person that I am today.
8. My job. It has provided me with friends, pets, my first home, my car, food, clothes, crafting, computer, and on and on and on. My job means so much to me.
9. My friend and coworker Christi and her family. I LOVE her four girls, all who attend or did attend the school where I teach. Christi is awesome and we have so much in common and just crack up together. She's also invited me to tag along with them to the Christmas tree lighting on the circle downtown tomorrow! I'm SOOOO EXCITED!
10. Hope- that next year will be better and I will find the things that are missing from my life, or at least the peace to accept my life as it is and be happy without those things.
What are you thankful for?
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
I'm still here! Just been incredibly busy at school/work and with my puppy. Haven't had time lately to go to the flea market or blog :(. My Google Reader count of new blog posts is a glaring 182. As a Special Education teacher I'm finding myself even more busy with new changes to how we write IEPs and being compliant. It's stressful, so I find myself coming home to curl up on the couch with my furballs and take a nap or just watch some tv so that I can unwind for the next day.
Sarah over at Love, Love, Love and I managed to do some awesome shopping and hanging out last weekend. We are both trying to make the majority of our Christmas gifts handmade. We also just signed up for a booth at my school's Holiday Bazaar in December! We can't wait to sell some of our crafty things! It's so exciting. I'm so thankful for being able to spend so much time with Sarah to hang out and shop and just spend time together. Every time we get together we pick up right where we left off. She's an awesome friend to have :). Thank God for those friends now when I'm stressing out!
Now it's off to bed so I can get to school by 7:15 to meet with my fifth grade teachers!
P.S. I'm still working on those Pay It Forward gifts!!!!
Amy Jean and her six little critters =^. .^=
There's a quote written on the chalkboard in my hallway: "We tend to seek happiness, when happiness is actually a choice." ...
Alright, so this summer I bought an aquarium from my brother for my pet turtle. He says it's 100 gallons, I'm not sure if it'...
I LOVE shoes... they are beautiful and fun and the finishing touch to any outfit. I, however, wear a size 11. I'm also a plus sized gi...
The school year started... I am the only special education resource teacher in the entire building... That makes my caseload 32... It's ...
Okay... I don't have kids, so let's take a moment to ooh and ahh over my furry children in all of their holiday wear cuteness! Th...
I love you silly ol' bear :)
Alright, I took the easy way out for Pink Saturday because I'm sick with a fever of 101.4. Here are some fun pink finds from Target.co...
Here's how the conversation started: Me: "MOM! MOM! Look at this mirror! It's only $29.99! I've been looking for one I ...
I was taking pictures of the dog... this sequence cracks me up: Figure 1: Sleeping puppy getting awakened by crazy mama with camera. Figur...
Okay! So, I'm almost completely recovered from H1N1- going on day 9 since getting sick, and I'm off to hit the yard sales that lin...